Monday, April 28, 2008

Blogging from Saratoga

This week I will be blogging from Saratoga! About a 45 minutes north of Albany, Saratoga is home to the Saratoga Racetrack, bed & breakfasts and plenty of shopping. But this week, this Town of about 5,100 residents is hosting about 400 Clerks from around New York for the NY State Clerks Conference. Since my arrival this afternoon, I wasted no time meeting my counterparts who work everywhere from Long Island to Buffalo. I have met Clerks who are new like I am and I have met Clerks who have been on the job for over 20 years. I have talked with Clerks who serve populations as big as 150,000 and as small as 1700. My goal of the next few days is to absorb as much information as possible so I can bring new and exciting ideas back to you. I will keep you posted on the classes I go to and the people I meet.

I have an early morning ahead so that's all for now.

No comments: