Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Day One - A New Year's Resolution

Today began day one of my tenure as your Town Clerk and I couldn't be been more happy. At 9am residents began to come into the office for parking pass renewals, dog licenses and marriage certificates. I had a chance to chat with all of them who took the time to sign up for my email list. They were excited that they will now recieve Town Board agendas as well as announcements from my office right in the comfort of their own home. I hope you take the time susbcribe to the list on my webpage. If you did stop by the office today you must have realized the counter is missing and few changes are being made. Please bear with us as we are renovating the office to make it more accessible in person and online!







Today, I also made my new years resolution. While meeting various residents I realized that everyone likes to obtain information differently. Some prefer to do business in person while others prefer over the phone or online. No matter what the custom and no matter where you live in town whether it be downtown, West Harrison or Purchase the Office of the Town Clerk must meet your needs with first class service. That is why my resolution is to "connect one Harrison". Geography or customs will be by main concern when disseminating information to all residents. I want you to be connected to your community whether it be in person, on the phone or online. More to come in the coming days...

No comments: