Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New counter with a new concept.


I have to thank our town Building Department for the phenomenal job they did on the front counter. I wish I had a picture of it before, but nevertheless the picture on the bottom is what it looks like now. What a difference! When I first arrived in the office I was not a fan of the old counter. I felt it was a large barrier between me and the residents. As I said in the Harrison Report; "I am not running a DMV here". However, I noticed some liked the convenience of walking right up and utilizing it. So, I met with our very talented craftsmen and discussed my concerns with them. I then left them to their imaginations and before I knew it the counter was missing and two days later a new one was presented to me with a whole new look and concept. Visitors are still able to walk up to one side and utilize it if they wish or perhaps you may want to sit down and talk on the desk side. It serves two purposes and makes it easier for residents. Thank guys you really outdid yourselves!

No comments: