Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July. Today, I began the day with a press conference at Ma-RIIS Park to discuss two troop support programs I am now involved with. With the Presidential campaign in full swing we, not only as a community, but as a country must pause to recognize that there are troops fighting the real battle out there for us. Not just troops, but brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers. Over the next few months we are going to see republicans and democrats battle one another in an historic political war. But we must remember who is really fighting the battle no matter who what political party you belong to. My message today on this Fourth of July was simple: remember those that allow you to call this country the land of the free. I am proud to announce that I have joined the Manhattanville College "My Soldier" Program (www.MySoldier.com) and "Cells Phones for Soldiers (www.CellPhonesforSoldiers.com). These two programs, although started from two different organizations share one great common cause and I am proud to join them.

This evening, I concuded my Fourth of July celebration at Roy Alletti's fireworks show. I must compliment Roy and his family for hosting such a wonderful event. Despite the rain, Harrison family and friends packed the Food Emporium shopping center to celebrate America's birthday - Harrison style. Way to go Roy and THANK YOU!

No comments: