Monday, June 16, 2008

Gone Fish'n

I am happy to report that fishing licenses are now on sale in my office. When I first arrived back in January I noticed the computer that was being used to register residents for hunting and fishing licenses was outdated and obsolete. In fact, it was taking up space. So, I spoke with representatives of the Department of Environmental Conservation and asked them if we could use our own computers instead. They agreed and now, we have a brand new laptop which uses a web based software to issue licenses. We are also utilizing the computer when it is not being used for licenses to look up general info for office visitors and it takes up half the space of the state owned computer. I want to thank the residents who hung in there while we got up and running and also thank Mamaroneck for taking on the extra work of issuing licenses to our residents during that period.
Stop in today to get your fishing license. We offer the serice Mon-Fri 9am-4pm.

No comments: