Friday, January 23, 2009

Town Board on demand! Now you watch the fun from anywhere : )

This evening I announced that you may now watch the Town Board meetings whenever you want with Town Board on Demand. Click on the video section of my site where you can find the video of each meeting beginning with the January 7, 2009 meeting. This is by far one of the biggest steps taken to open up our government and bring it into the 21st century. I am pleased to offer this service. When I took office last January many residents - and non residents asked if it could be done. Over the year, I met with various vendors who would able to provide software to the town that would link the agenda with the video and so you can watch the meeting online and click on any agenda item and it would go to that point in the video. Unfortunately, this type of software is too expensive during this financial time. So, I met with our IT Department to find a solution for now that would still provide the meetings online. It will not be streamed live unfortunately, but rest assure I am actively pursuing that phase of the project. For now, expect to be able to view the meetings online beginning the day after the meeting starting in the afternoon. I hope you find this helpful. Please be advised Harrison residents can still watch the Town Board meeting on channel 75 at Noon, 6pm and 10pm every day. Happy watching!
p.s. people on my email list were the first to know about this advancement - are you on my email list??? Join today and be the first to know when it comes to your government. Visit my homepage at www.HarrisonClerk.com to join today!

No comments: