Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Valuable Lesson


I would like to thank the students and faculty at the Herman Ridder Junior High School 98 in the Bronx, NY for inviting me to Career Day today. While addressing over 50 students, I not only talked about my job but my experiences growing up that inspired me to go into public service. I stressed to each student that, no matter what life may throw at you everyone has a value and a purpose. It is up to only you as an individual to find that purpose and to maintain your value. I too learned a valuable lesson today. We must do everything we can to be positive role models for our future generation not just here in Harrison but anywhere we are called. I also would like to thank Harrison Youth Officer Gary Chiarella who joined me and spoke with students about being a Police Officer. It was an inspiring day to see young minds actively thinking about their futures which certainly look bright. Thank you to all of you and my sincerest wishes.

No comments: